The Great Weekend Writing Getaway
- 9-1 manuscript critiquing
- 1 lunch
- 2-4:30 manuscript critiquing
- 4:30-5 Tea break
- 5-7 Plot problems
- Character profiles
- 9-2 new plot brainstorming session.
- We’ll take the plot concepts from the speed round and devote 30 minutes per author for developing, planning, and detailing a new idea. Each author will get 2 sessions.
What to bring:
• Laptop, USB drive, paper and writing utensils.
• The manuscript you want to work on this weekend.
• A completed synopsis for this story.
• Which characters are represented with their own points of view.
• Which publisher and line you wish to target.
• Specific problems you want to discuss with the story.
• For the brainstorming parts, have ready vague concepts for future stories, and publishers you wish to target for these stories. Sometimes it’s better to tailor the concept to the publisher than go back and rework it later.