First off, big thanks to Isabel for having me today! My pleasure, Liia Ann. And I have to say, I love your 10 things! Not a fan of chick lit movies, either. Classic romances, yes. Action with a believable romance, yes. Today's nerve-grating, embarrassing chick-lit? Nope. Alas, I think we're in the minority given the popularity of both the books and movies.
When I was asked to do this post about 10 things people don’t know about me I was a bit stumped and wondered if I could come up with 10 things – I’m a very honest person – if you ask something, I’ll give you an honest answer. In cases like this my honesty backfires.
1. I had my first short story published when I was 15.
2. I have a handbag obsession. It’s the most girlie thing I indulge in – if I see a gorgeous handbag, I just can’t pass up buying it.
3. I’ve never eaten pork. And now that I’m Vegan, I never will.
4. I LOVE sharks, especially Great Whites. I’ve been swimming with sharks before (sometimes not on purpose) and one day will go on a cage dive with Great Whites.
5. I have vitiligo – the disease that causes depigmentation of the skin. Luckily I’m so pale that it’s not particularly noticeable from a distance. But up close (and to me) they’re clearly visible.
6. Of the 26 years I’ve been alive, I’ve slept in the same bedroom for 23.
7. I saw a UFO when I was 10.
8. I saw a ghost/demon thing when I was 16.
9. I didn’t have my first haircut until I was 5. I was almost bald until then.
10. I LOVE horror movies and HATE chick flicks. A bit odd for a romance writer right? But if you put a chick flick on, I’ll leave the room. I do not enjoy romance films at all.
Elora’s parents mysteriously disappeared when she was fifteen. She vowed to find answers – discover what really happened to them. But after twenty-five years of travelling the world she has come up empty handed. Feeling tired and lonely, she settles down in the city her best friend, Caleb, calls home. To lead a regular human existence for a while; like he does.
One problem; they’re not human. They’re Different – a rare supernatural race known for their beauty, strength and supernatural abilities.
Elora is lead to a man by a series of visions. Cue Kadin; powerful, sexy and also Different. He is her match – her soul-mate. Her life has never felt so complete.
But it’s not all good news. Elora must now deal with a rogue demon Elder hell-bent on taking over Lucifer’s reign over Hell. To succeed she needs to steal Elora’s power. When she’s facing the fight of her life, can Elora really trust Kadin?
After a morning of wandering around the house, getting used to the surroundings again, I needed air. Walking through the woods that surround the house, I inhaled deeply. The fresh scent of pine, moist dirt, and running water filled my nose. Being surrounded by nature was relaxing. Birds chirped in the distance and animals scurried away as they heard me coming.
Only a few steps in, I found the large eucalypt I'd been looking for. My parents planted it here for me, so I would always have a piece of Australia with me at this house. In Perth, eucalypts grow everywhere. The expansive bushland behind our home was a virtual eucalypt forest. With a push of energy to my legs, I jumped and flew to the top branches of the sixty-metre high tree. Nestling against the trunk, I closed my eyes, listening to the leaves rustling in the light breeze.
In complete peace, I watched the sun set on the horizon. Beautiful shades of orange, pink, and yellow danced through the wispy clouds surrounding the city. Though nothing compared to the beauty of home, this came pretty close.
The air temperature cooled quickly once the sun disappeared. Around me, owls hooted, other birds fluttered, and rodents ran from tree to tree. Leaning forward, I looked at the ground, preparing to return to the house when my phone rang in my pocket. It was Caleb.
I flipped it open, and Caleb's voice came loud. "Where are you?"
"Where am I, exactly? Sitting on top of a tree in my back yard."
I’m an Aussie writer, born and bred in Perth, WA.
I love all things paranormal. I spend my childhood daydreaming about far off lands and living in my own little fantasy world. I watched shows like ’Unsolved Mysteries’ and read books on witchcraft, fairies, demons, ghosts and all other sorts of supernatural creatures, including mutants (I love X-Men).
I’m a complete geek and collect Disney and Star Wars memorabilia.
When not writing, I can be found reading, playing video games or spending times with my adorable doggies.
I’m a big animal lover and vegan. I live in Perth with my family, which includes two adorable dogs, two birds and a handful of feisty fish.
I’m always interested in meeting new people, so drop me a line!