Search Isabel's blog


Thursday, August 8, 2013

Monterey wine and vineyards

My Beachy Suspense novels take place around the Monterey area of California in a fictional tourist town called Nightshade Bay. I did research on the city of Monterey, looked at their website, searched pictures of their beaches, things like that. Then made up my own town.
Picture from

At dinner with some friends a few weeks ago, we ordered wine, a delicious (and not-too-acidic) red from Monterey.

Ack! There are vineyards by Nightshade Bay!

Of course I knew that: California has Napa Valley, and to the north there are vineyards in Oregon and Washington, I mean I've had Californian wines! Never occurred to me that there were vineyards near Monterey and that my characters would no doubt try a bottle or 3.

And there's a wine festival. Now I'm not sure how a couple in a romantic suspense trilogy is going to make it to a wine festival in between solving murders, fraud, kidnappings, more murders, and corruption, but I'm sure as hell going to try to get them there!

I did decide against putting in a certain wine, however. I'm sure they're all great, but I won't be name-dropping.

No comments:

Goddess Fish Blog Tour Partner

Goddess Fish Blog Tour Partner
Goddess Fish Blog Tour Partner