Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was a teenager and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.
Prompt: What do you look for in a romance hero?
I like this prompt! Let’s begin—10 qualities of a perfect romance hero:
1. My perfect romance hero would have to have a physical challenge. I have a big yen for blind heroes, with scarred and headache/migraine heroes coming close behind.
2. He’d have to be brooding, paranormal, or both. Since I’ve yet to hear of a blind vampire we’ll just stick with brooding. I’m a big softy for those dark and lonely souls with wounded hearts.
3. He’d have to be handy. I want a hero who can kill spiders, fight off bad guys, and build a house from the ground up with a Q-Tip. Nothing sexier than a guy who can be useful.
4. My hero must also be fiercely possessive. I love reading knuckle dragging heroes so long as they learn eventually to be secure in the steadfastness of the heroine’s affections.
5. He should also have a tender streak a mile wide. Hugs and healing touches are very much necessary to go with that scowl and teeth-gnashing. It’s a no brainer win-win.
6. Selflessness too. If he can desire her happiness and wellbeing over his own that just makes my heart flip over in its cavity.
7. I like a hero with diverse interests. There must be time for him to just be a guy and pal around with his buddies doing those things guys do: billiards, video games, watching sports, horseback riding, whatever. It’s all good to me.
8. Financial stable heroes win the day. While marauding pirates are great every now and then a hero who can provide for his heroine is definitely sexy. Maybe that’s why so many of the heroes are wealthy in romance?
9. Broad-shouldered, big hands, and tall. It’s what I like in a man in real life so let’s just transfer that straight to my perfect hero. Dark hair and blue eyes don’t hurt either!
10. Let’s not forget that he should be a skilled lover. Rainy days and lazy afternoons are best spent with a hero who’s great in the sack. Lots of cuddle time too!
Now it’s your turn to construct the perfect hero. Would you take points from my list or start from scratch?